Hannah E. Griggs is a teacher and author of primarily middle-grade Christian fiction from Texas. She loves card-making, history, and coffee. When she’s not writing, you’ll find her building her education business, reading Christian fiction and biographies, or improving her guitar skills.
Thanks for stopping by my website! I am first and foremost a daughter of the King. I live with my parents, older brother and sister, and two dogs on our five acres in the state of Texas.
What to Expect:
Reading and writing are some of the main things I talk about here on my blog along with devotionals, short stories, and the occasional random topic that doesn’t fit any of those categories.
If you love reading quality and clean Christian literature, you’ll want to stick around, as I love talking about my favorite books, sharing creative reading tips, and discussing why we need to be careful with what we read.
Reading is a passion of mine, so I am always eager to encourage people, young ladies in particular, to spend more time reading good books.
And if you like reading, you’ll enjoy the Grace Reid stories, short stories I post every so often about a homeschool girl named Grace and her family and their adventures. These stories teach Biblical lessons and give me the opportunity to keep on improving my writing style!
Now how about some fun facts, so you can get better acquainted with me. I’ve divided them into the main categories I’ll be posting about, as well as a few random ones at the end.
Reading Fun Facts:
- The latest I’ve ever stayed up reading was 2:45 AM.
- I don’t read books; I devour them!
- One of the strangest places I’ve ever read was in the dentist’s chair, waiting on a shot to numb my mouth.
- If I find a series I enjoy, I’ll do most anything to get the rest of the books in the series.
- I find a well-written non-fiction book about as interesting as a fiction story.
Writing Fun Facts:
- My first story I ever started writing was about two orphaned sisters who lived in a barn. I was probably around seven or eight.
- Other early stories included one about an ill-used princess and another about an orphanage with 26 children, each having a name beginning with a different letter of the alphabet.
- The first story of any length that I ever finished was a ficticious story about one of my ancestors who fought in the Civil War.
- The main characters of my stories used to always be girls the same age as me. If I turned a year older, then I had to change their age too.
- I published my first book, Tornado Tragedy, in 2023.
Random Fun Facts:
- I’m left-handed.
- I play my great-uncle’s Martin guitar, the guitar he earned by working in the cotton fields in the 1950’s
- I love (almost) anything pink.
- Antarctica is one of the places I most want to visit.
- I’ve been in 15 countries.
So now that you’ve gotten to know me a little bit, how about going ahead and filling out the subscription box below. That way, you’ll be sure not to miss blogposts, exclusive newsletter content, updates about new freebies, and announcements when I get books published.