Hey there, Book Lovers! Thanks for stopping by my blog! My name is Hannah, and I am first and foremost a daughter of the King. I live with my parents and older brother and sister on our five acres in the state of Texas. I teach English as a Second Language to children and young people in different parts of the world.
When I’m not busy with teaching, lesson plans, and designing worksheets, I’m often reading, probably a missionary biography, Christian non-fiction book, or an indie-published novel, writing on one of my numerous story ideas, or playing guitar, improving my chording and finger-picking skills.
What to Expect:
Those three topics, reading, writing, and music, are some of the main things I talk about here on my blog along with devotionals, short stories, and the occasional random topic that doesn’t fit any of those categories.
If you love reading quality and clean Christian literature, you’ll want to stick around, as I love talking about my favorite books, sharing creative reading tips, and discussing why we need to be careful with what we read.
Reading is a passion of mine, so I am always eager to encourage people, young ladies in particular, to spend more time reading good books.
And if you like reading, you’ll enjoy the Grace Reid stories, short stories I post every so often about a homeschool girl named Grace and her family and their adventures. These stories teach Biblical lessons and give me the opportunity to keep on improving my writing style!
Now how about some fun facts, so you can get better acquainted with me. I’ve divided them into the main categories I’ll be posting about, as well as a few random ones at the end.
Reading Fun Facts:
- The latest I’ve ever stayed up reading was 2:45 AM.
- I don’t read books; I devour them!
- One of the strangest places I’ve ever read was in the dentist’s chair, waiting on a shot to numb my mouth.
- If I find a series I enjoy, I’ll do most anything to get the rest of the books in the series.
- I find a well-written non-fiction book about as interesting as a fiction story.
Writing Fun Facts:
- My first story I ever started writing was about two orphaned sisters who lived in a barn. I was probably around seven or eight.
- Other early stories included one about an ill-used princess and another about an orphanage with 26 children, each having a name beginning with a different letter of the alphabet.
- The first story of any length that I ever finished was a ficticious story about one of my ancestors who fought in the Civil War.
- The main characters of my stories used to always be girls the same age as me. If I turned a year older, then I had to change their age too.
- One of my goals is to publish my first book this year.
Music Fun Facts:
- A dream of mine is to someday own a set of Great Highland Bagpipes and be able to play them.
- I play my great-uncle’s Martin guitar, the guitar he earned by working in the cotton fields in the 1950’s
- Our church has a girl’s ensemble that I play in. We have two guitars, one harp, a violin, and a tin whistle.
- Piano was my first instrument to play, but I later quit and discovered guitar is my true love.
- I have a flute that I hope to be able to learn to play some time.
Random Fun Facts:
- I’m left-handed.
- Making cards and sending them to friends is another of my hobbies.
- I love (almost) anything pink.
- Antarctica is one of the places I most want to visit.
- I’ve been in 15 countries.
So now that you’ve gotten to know me a little bit, how about going ahead and filling out the subscription box below. That way, you’ll be sure not to miss blogposts, updates about new freebies, and announcements when I get books published.